In 1901 the home was acquired by Amos and Ida Smithers. Ida was the grand-daughter of William and Eunice Leffingwell (The Saw Mill Owner) and Amos became the Director of the Bank of Cambria in the 1920s. Amos Smithers also owned a Cambria ranch.
Gordon and Frieda Howard bought the home in 1955 and converted it to a Boarding House and Tourist Home until the mid-1970s. They also ran a small restaurant.
In 1976, a local citizen, Dr. Shaw, and his wife bought the home and carefully restored it. The Shaws turned it into a formal Bed and Breakfast.
Now, since 1955, over 60 years later, from Boarding House and Tourist Home, the Olallieberry Inn is still serving the Cambria community and is celebrated by the San Luis Obispo Tribune as the Top-rated Bed and Breakfast.